Thinking of renewing your wedding vows? Congratulations! Whether you’ve been married for two, 10 or 20 years, renewing your wedding vows is a wonderfully romantic thing to do. And what could be better than celebrating your vow renewal in Mallorca?
From reliving the happiest day of your life to creating brand new memories, a vow renewal ceremony is a great way to reaffirm your love for one another again. And it’s the chance to make new promises for your life together for the future.
Why have a vow renewal? Here are some of the reasons why couples choose to renew their vows:
- You want to celebrate your 5-year, 10-year, 25-year, or other significant wedding anniversary and bring friends and family together to mark this special occasion
- Your first wedding was on a tight budget and you want a more elaborate celebration now
- You got married with only a few people present so now you’d like to say your wedding vows in front of all your family and friends
- You’ve had some difficult times in your relationship or have overcome an illness and would now like to reaffirm your commitment to one another again
- Maybe you feel sad that your children weren’t at your wedding? A vow renewal gives them a chance to be involved in the day and allows you to make new and totally different memories of your wedding day. And many of our couples combine their vow renewal with a holiday, making the occasion extra special.
Here’s what some of our couples said after their vow renewal:
Kevin and Sarah
Claire, thank you so much for a fantastic ceremony and such a wonderful experience. The whole day including the venue was amazing.
Kevin and Sarah, 17 August 2022, Calvia
Andrea and Andy
Distinctive Ceremonies Mallorca conducted our recent vow renewal- Claire made it so personal to us and extremely special on the day. They were so helpful with advice on all matters and are very lovely people! Would 100% recommend to everyone. Very kind and super-professional service!
Andrea and Andy, 29 June 2022, Cala D’Or
Emma and Lee
Claire, Lee and I wanted to thank you for an amazing day yesterday, we couldn’t have wished for anything more. We are beyond pleased that you were our celebrant and we intend to get our vows framed they were word perfect! Your hard work, planning and attention to detail was meticulous and gave us a truly memorable day. Once again huge thanks for everything- we were very lucky to have found and met you!
20 July 2021, Deia
Lesley and Ray
“Paul, we would like to say a huge thank you for making our day so special. You were professional and casual all at the same time which made us and our guests feel very comfortable and relaxed during the ceremony. You did everything that we asked on the day and I would not hesitate to recommend you and Distinctive Ceremonies Mallorca to anyone thinking of renewing their wedding vows in Mallorca. Once again thank you Paul for making our day just perfect.”
16 June 2019, Jumeirah Hotel, Soller
How does it work?
There are far fewer customs and protocols around a vow renewal ceremony than a wedding. So it’s a great opportunity to really make it your own. Your vow renewal in Mallorca could just be the two of you with your celebrant and a photographer in a beautiful spot. Perhaps your dream is of a clifftop with sea views or in an olive grove? Or it might be a much larger event with lots of guests, catering, flowers, music and more. Find out more about how to plan your vow renewal here
Our celebrants, Paul, Claire, Jonas and Ulf are all very experienced in working with couples for their vow renewal. Your celebrant can help you with all aspects of the ceremony. From suggesting suitable readings to summarising your story and helping you write your own vows, we guide you though, every step of the way. Looking for more tips and inspiration? Or just get started with planning your vow renewal in Mallorca now.