So- you are finally ready to pop the question! You have bought the ring. Maybe you’re struggling to keep it hidden as you begin to formulate your proposal ideas. This is an amazing and exciting time in any relationship. But when it comes to thinking about wedding proposal ideas, you may feel a bit overwhelmed. Marriage proposals come in all shapes and sizes. You may have heard stories of epic proposals from family members or friends, but you’ll want to keep yours special and unique in your own way.
Here are our 12 top tips for a successful proposal:
- Don’t forget the things you’ll need: a plan, an engagement ring, lots of love and a bit of confidence!
- Think about your partner’s likes and dislikes, tastes and current activities. You’ll also want the element of surprise. So perhaps doing something you usually do would not tip him or her off.
- Know enough about your future spouse so that you can create a memorable experience.
- Decide if you are going to buy the engagement ring before or after you propose marriage. It may seem odd not to have the ring, but it is okay if you want to let your future fiancee choose it.
- When buying an engagement ring, make sure you stay within your budget or what you can afford. And you don’t need to stick to ideas about a ring being a proportion of the groom’s salary.
- Pay attention to timing. Don’t plan on proposing marriage when your future spouse is stressed or overwhelmed. It’s better to wait until the moment is right.
- You might want to think about a link to an element that has become memorable during the course of your relationship. For example, a particular place, hearing a specific song, or an occasion such as where you first met, or had your first holiday.
- We don’t recommend that you do something too crazy (like tying the engagement ring to a kite string or fishing line) but if you do choose this route, make sure your partner has a good sense of humour.
- Keep your marriage proposal simple. The more complicated it is, the more things that could go wrong with your plans!
- Don’t be upset if your partner needs a bit of time to think about it – it’s a big question.
- Make sure you don’t lose the engagement ring if you’ve purchased one and hidden it. On a prosaic note, if it’s expensive, arrange to get it insured.
- Sometimes your best-laid marriage proposal plans go awry. Focus more on the moment than on the engagement ring and other externals surrounding the proposal.
Ready? What’s next?
Well, we can’t think of anywhere better than Mallorca for a perfect proposal so here are eight ideas to help get your ideas flowing:
We think it’s great to capture the moment so we recommend that you make a photographer (we can help you!) as part of your plan.
1. Book us to prepare a gourmet picnic for you in a beautiful location and post your intentions with a sign along the way to say, “Marry me!”
2. Charter a sleek yacht and make your proposal as the sun sets on your sunset sail (yes, we can help you with that!). And celebrate with a romantic dip in the sea afterwards.
3. Hire a vintage fishing boat and have the ring delivered along with the fresh catch of the day for your barbecue
4. Book a luxury suite at a hotel and plan a romantic dinner as room service and perhaps a couple massage, for after you propose on your balcony or terrace.
5. Take a hike in the beautiful Tramuntana mountains and make your proposal amongst the ancient olive trees at our private olive grove with panoramic views of the majestic Puig Mayor, Mallorca’s tallest mountain. Then celebrate with a hearty gourmet olive-pickers brunch!
Looking for more ideas?
6. A secret terrace with panoramic views overlooking a tiny beach is the perfect spot. Then celebrate with lunch at one of Mallorca’s most iconic fish restaurants just five minutes away
7. A private dinner at a romantic restaurant during a short break in Mallorca can make for an unforgettable proposal.
8. Let us help you book a quirky vintage car with chauffeur to drive you to a scenic spot and propose on a sea-view clifftop or lookout point
What’s the next step? If you’d like us to help you plan your Mallorca proposal, drop us a line and let’s have a chat about your plans.
Some other related blogs
More posts from Mallorca