So- you are finally ready to pop the question! You have bought the ring. Maybe you’re struggling to keep it hidden as you begin to formulate your proposal ideas. This is an amazing and exciting time in any relationship. But when it comes to thinking about wedding proposal ideas, you may feel a bit overwhelmed. Marriage proposals come in all shapes and sizes. You may have heard stories of epic proposals from family members or friends, but you’ll want to keep yours special and unique in your own way.
Here are our 12 top tips for a successful proposal:
- Don’t forget the things you’ll need: a plan, an engagement ring, lots of love and a bit of confidence!
- Think about your partner’s likes and dislikes, tastes and current activities. You’ll also want the element of surprise. So perhaps doing something you usually do would not tip him or her off.
- Know enough about your future spouse so that you can create a memorable experience.
- Decide if you are going to buy the engagement ring before or after you propose marriage. It may seem odd not to have the ring, but it is okay if you want to let your future fiancee choose it.
- When buying an engagement ring, make sure you stay within your budget or what you can afford. And you don’t need to stick to ideas about a ring being a proportion of the groom’s salary.
- Pay attention to timing. Don’t plan on proposing marriage when your future spouse is stressed or overwhelmed. It’s better to wait until the moment is right.
- You might want to think about a link to an element that has become memorable during the course of your relationship. For example, a particular place, hearing a specific song, or an occasion such as where you first met, or had your first holiday.
- We don’t recommend that you do something too crazy (like tying the engagement ring to a kite string or fishing line) but if you do choose this route, make sure your partner has a good sense of humour.
- Keep your marriage proposal simple. The more complicated it is, the more things that could go wrong with your plans!
- Don’t be upset if your partner needs a bit of time to think about it – it’s a big question.
- Make sure you don’t lose the engagement ring if you’ve purchased one and hidden it. On a prosaic note, if it’s expensive, arrange to get it insured.
- Sometimes your best-laid marriage proposal plans go awry. Focus more on the moment than on the engagement ring and other externals surrounding the proposal.
Ready? What’s next?
Well, we can’t think of anywhere better than Mallorca for a perfect proposal so here are eight ideas to help get your ideas flowing:
We think it’s great to capture the moment so we recommend that you make a photographer (we can help you!) as part of your plan.
1. Book us to prepare a gourmet picnic for you in a beautiful location and post your intentions with a sign along the way to say, “Marry me!”
2. Charter a sleek yacht and make your proposal as the sun sets on your sunset sail (yes, we can help you with that!). And celebrate with a romantic dip in the sea afterwards.
3. Hire a vintage fishing boat and have the ring delivered along with the fresh catch of the day for your barbecue
4. Book a luxury suite at a hotel and plan a romantic dinner as room service and perhaps a couple massage, for after you propose on your balcony or terrace.
5. Take a hike in the beautiful Tramuntana mountains and make your proposal amongst the ancient olive trees at our private olive grove with panoramic views of the majestic Puig Mayor, Mallorca’s tallest mountain. Then celebrate with a hearty gourmet olive-pickers brunch!
Looking for more ideas?
6. A secret terrace with panoramic views overlooking a tiny beach is the perfect spot. Then celebrate with lunch at one of Mallorca’s most iconic fish restaurants just five minutes away
7. A private dinner at a romantic restaurant during a short break in Mallorca can make for an unforgettable proposal.
8. Let us help you book a quirky vintage car with chauffeur to drive you to a scenic spot and propose on a sea-view clifftop or lookout point
What’s the next step? If you’d like us to help you plan your Mallorca proposal, drop us a line and let’s have a chat about your plans.
21 thoughts on “12 top tips for the perfect Mallorca proposal”
Hi I like the idea of a picnic proposal I’m coming to Mallorca on the 27th of august until the 31st I was wondering if you could help me
Hi Gary, a picnic is a great proposal idea! I have sent you some ideas for locations and ideas to make it extra-special. Looking forward to hearing from you ! Claire
Hey, Claire! I am also interested in a picnic proposal. I’ll be there from 14th of august.
Hi Alex, thanks so much for getting in touch! I’m afraid we are fully booked for the second half of August. However, if you would like to drop us an email, I can send you a few suggestions and if you want to take them further, I can refer you to a very good proposal photographer. Best wishes, Claire and Bernd
I am also interested in a picnic proposal. I will be in Mallorca from 19th of August until 25th.
Please give me some more details. Thanks!
Hello Velentin, I’m afraid it’s a bit too short notice for us to be able to help you.
However, we can put you in touch with a photographer if that would be helpful – if so, drop me a line via the website and I will give you some recommendations. Do tell me whereabouts you will be staying and I will recommend some good spots if I can.
Best wishes, Claire
Hello we are going to Alcudia and looking to propose on the 13th of August, any suggestions on something private like the picnic would be amazing
Hi Jordan, thanks so much for getting in touch. We have a very full August so I’m afraid it’s a bit too short notice for us to be able to help you.
However, we can put you in touch with a photographer if that would be helpful – if so, drop me a line via the website and I will give you some recommendations.
Best wishes, Claire
Hi I am interested in a picnic proposal I’m coming to Mallorca on the 26th of September on a cruise just for 1 day I was wondering if you could help me.
its possible to contact me via mail/whatsup?
Hi Harel, so glad we are in touch and have booked the date for you! It’s going to be awesome! Claire
Looking to propose March 28th. I like the picnic idea, maybe around sunset. Wanting to have a photographer also. Maybe a couple locations.
Hello me and my partner are coming to Mallorca from the 14th of June to the 21st and staying in Cala D’Or location.
I was thinking of proposing to my partner there. I like the idea of a sunset sail on a yacht is this something you guys could help me with?
Hi Daniel, we’d love to help you with your sunset yacht proposal! It’s so romantic! I will drop you an email with further details. Best wishes, Claire
I’d love some idea of taking a hike in the beautiful Tramuntana mountains for my proposal. . Are you able to provide a bit more info on where I should plan to go?
Hi Mati, yes great idea! We have some great locations to suggest for your proposal. I will drop you a line by email with some ideas. Best wishes, Claire
Hello! My girlfriend and I are visiting Mallorca from June 17th until June 22nd. I am considering a scenic picnic proposal and would like to know if there is any availability to set this up with you during one of these days. Also, do any of your packages include a photographer to capture the moment? If not, do you have any recommendations for photographers that specialize in capturing proposals? Thank you!
Thanks so much for getting in touch! Yes, our proposal picnic package includes a photographer to capture the vital moment! I will drop you a further email with more ideas and information shortly!
I am interested in doing a picnic proposal in a nice private costal setting. We will be in Mallorca from the 6th to the 11th of June.
Can you please send me some more information via email?
Hi George, yes, a picnic proposal is a great plan! I will drop you an email with some ideas and locations. Keep an eye out for it and check your spam if you don’t receive it soon. Best wishes, Claire
Hi! Just wanted to reach out to see what the options are for a boat proposal? Also interested in the picnic proposal as well! We will be in Mallorca from June 27th until July 2nd! We will be staying in Soler the first 2 days and closer to Palma the last 2
Hi Theodore, yes, a yacht proposal is a brilliant option, especially a sunset sail, with fantastic mountain backdrops and lots of privacy, even during the high season. I have replied to you by email but it bounced back – I will have another go at sending you some more information. Check your spam filter as well. Best, Claire